Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Life is Good !?%!

I try to be a "cup half-full" kind of gal...but even then sometimes you just want to rant and get it out of your system. The problem is not having your rant come back to bite you in the ass at some later point in time.

It's just that most of us go along and life pretty much holds it own. There are more good moments than bad if you keep an upbeat attitude. Today I just had an extra dose of "things to deal with". Our basement has a bad wall (it's braced to keep from falling, but I wake up at night and wonder if it won't just all fall in under us while we are asleep!)
We (hopefully) just fixed that spot on the roof that ALWAYS leaks in on the ceiling when it rains too hard. We have tried for years...reroofing, reshingling, new rain gutters... and it still leaks. This time it took my husband outside on the roof and son inside the attic to find a pinpoint of light and caulk up that p.o.s. Time will tell, but it looks good for that project.
My car, a 95 Olds, is going to sh*t one piece at a time. I just want it to keep taking me where I need to go for about 6 more months. Just until our son graduates from college and...has a job. Other parents know what I mean when I say "Federal PLUS" loan. Parents pay this one...and begin paying after their kid's first semester...and just keep on paying. The interest rate is higher than my mortgage. I don't care (I mean, what can I do) I want my kid to get a college degree! He will be the first in our family and we are SO PROUD! I know he will help when he can but the payments are now more than a car payment by far...and that is just the interest. Big business spends without consequence but the little guy pays and pays and...pay$.
Back to my car, it took a dump today and I had to leave it set and walk the rest of the way to work. Hopefully it will think about what it has done and shape up. I have treated it with kindness for over ten years now and deserve that much. Yeah, my husband will go look at it after he gets off work...sounds like just the starter which we resently had replaced and should still be under warranty.

If the house falls in we will lift it back up, if the roof leaks we will repaint the ceiling, if the car breaks I can walk. Nothing stops the world from turning so you just as well smile while it spins, right? Right!

No comments:

Post a Comment